By D. T Tryon
Basic advent to the Tahitian language and entire examine according to sleek linguistic suggestions, awarded in non-technical language.
Read Online or Download Conversational Tahitian; An Introduction to the Tahitian language of French Polynesia PDF
Best linguistics books
Napoleon's troops found a granitoid slab within the village of Rosetta within the western Delta in 1799. The Rosetta Stone was once to develop into probably the most recognized Egyptian antiquities on the earth in addition to an immediately recognizable icon of script and decipherment. during this interesting, superbly illustrated paintings, Richard Parkinson tells the tale of the Stone's discovery and the so-called conflict of the decipherers that it encouraged.
Throughout the nineteenth century the U. S. and Britain got here to proportion an financial profile remarkable of their respective histories. This publication means that this early excessive capitalism got here to function the floor for a brand new type of cosmopolitanism within the age of literary realism, and argues for the need of a transnational research established upon fiscal relationships of which individuals on each side of the Atlantic have been more and more awake.
This quantity has arisen from the twenty sixth overseas LAUD Symposium on “Humboldt and Whorf Revisited. common and Culture-Specific Conceptualizations in Grammar and Lexis”. whereas contrasting or extra languages, the papers during this quantity both supply empirical facts confirming hypotheses relating to linguistic relativity, or take care of methodological problems with empirical learn.
- Frank Gehry MARTa Herford (German and English Edition)
- Éléments de traduction comparée français-allemand
- Grammatik des Klassischen Arabisch
- Linguistics and Pseudo-Linguistics: Selected Essays, 1965–1985
- The Language of Magazines (Intertext (London, England).)
- Altaistik: Turkologie
Additional info for Conversational Tahitian; An Introduction to the Tahitian language of French Polynesia
7. I met the girl who was married yesterday. 8. I saw Moana planting a coconut tree. 9. I went and watched my wife swimming. 10. It is they (dl) who went fishing for crayfish. CONVERSATIONAL TAHITIAN 90 108. Yisit to the Shops Vocabulary: te haerera'a to explain the visit te fare toa ho'o-haere the shop to shop te tauiha'a hina'aro the purchase to want tofi1o ani to enter to ask te tatnahine-ho'oho'o the shop assistant horo'ct to give fa'a'ite te piripou ninannu 'ehia moni? rc tArct tehia? to pay the shirt don't rush!
2. Do not hit the dog. 3. Give rne that book. 4. ) be happy! 5. Do not run fast. 6. Go and get some fish at the market. 7 . Grate the coconut. 8. Do not forget to get the theatre tickets. 9. ) go and get the boat this afternoon. 10. Let us (pl. ) prepare for the arrival of the Te ani nei teie ttt'atu rAtere 'i te ho'e ta'ata-fa'ahoro-pere'o'o no te 'f i atu 'ianq 'i te 'oire, te uahi tei reira tona hotera. e roa, 'e hqere taua. ,, Governor. "Teie, 92. A. ere mai nei te tqui,ha'a te pere'o'o te hotera who approaches the baggage, suitcase the taxi, car the hotel to ask ani 'e nehenehe anei ta 'oe raue 'ia'u?
Lit. will do we the work with the stop without) 'Ore is also used as a negative verb in such sentences as: No te aha'oe 'e 'ore ai 'e 'au? Why don't you swirn? fa'ahou 'i te mau ta'qtq. Lest he eat men again. Further reference to 'ore as a verb is made in $98. Some adverbs and acljectives take on a negative sense when follow- edby'ore. Examples: pinepine often tu'utu'u slack nehenehe possible pinepine'ore rarely (a) Translate into English: te poti'i'i pa'imi hia'e te taure'are'a tane- 2. 'Aita tona 'i taupo'o 1a hia 'inanehi ra' 3.